Mouth watering fresh mozzarella pearls are marinated in olive oil and herbs then stacked with spicy salami and tender cheese filled tortellini for a simple yet festive one bite appetizer.
- 1 package Fresh Mozzarella Pearls
- 1/2 c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 8 oz. Hard Salami Slices
- 1 lb. Four Cheese Tortellini
- Place the mozzarella pearls, olive oil, salt, garlic, basil, pepper, and bay leaf in a bowl and gently toss to coat.
- Allow the mozzarella to marinate 1 hour to overnight.
- Meanwhile prepare the tortellini according to package directions then cool.
- For extra flavor toss the cooled tortellini in the olive oil with the mozzarella.
- Layer a tortellini, a mozzarella pearl, and a slice of salami onto a toothpick and arrange neatly on a serving platter.