A creamy and hearty soup packed full of carrots, potatoes and fresh dilly flavor. If you are a fan of dill pickles, you are going to LOVE this easy recipe. After you try it, it may become your favorite soup like it did for my family! Lunch is served in 40 minutes.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup dill pickles, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup Litehouse® Dilly Dip Dressing & Dip
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Fresh dill, for garnish, if desired
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and saute until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, pickles and pickle juice. Bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, sour cream and Litehouse® Dilly Dip Dressing & Dip. Add a tablespoonful at a time to the soup while whisking to combine.
- Stir in salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Cook another 5 minutes on medium low, stirring frequently.
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with fresh dill, if desired. Serve hot.