You can easily make crispy chicken wings at home without the use of a deep fryer! Also... they taste delicious.
- 4 lb. Chicken Wings
- 2 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 4 tbsp. Unsalted Butter, melted
- ½ c. Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Litehouse® Chunky Blue Cheese dressing
- 1/3 c. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Celery and Carrots, to serve
- Lay the wings on a rack on a rimmed baking tray and let them dry in the fridge overnight. Alternatively, pat them dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Put one oven shelf in the lower quarter of the oven and one in the top quarter.
- Place the wings in a large zip closure bag. Add the baking powder and salt. Shake the bag to coat the wings evenly.
- Line the tray with foil. Spray the rack on the baking tray with oil. Place the wings skin side up on the rack. Bake on the lower shelf in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Then move the tray up to the higher shelf and turn the oven up to 425°F. Bake for a further 40 to 50 minutes, rotating the tray halfway through. The wings do not need to be turned over. The wings are ready when they are dark golden brown and the skin is very crispy.
- While the wings are baking, whisk together the butter and hot sauce. Keep warm or reheat just prior to using.
- Toss with Hot Sauce and sprinkle immediately with Blue Cheese Crumbles. Serve with Blue Cheese dressing, carrots and celery sticks.