A creamy and rich Italian casserole is sure to please adults and children alike! Feel good about feeding your family this well balanced casserole and leave the guilt at the door... The "creamy" sauce is made with a secret low fat ingredient. Cottage cheese!
- 3 Chicken Breasts, cubed into bite size pieces
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 box Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained of liquid
- 2 14.5oz. cans Fire Roasted Tomatoes, drained of liquids
- 2 1/2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- 1 c. Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 3/4 c. Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 c. Low Fat Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat a pan over medium high heat.
- Salt and pepper the chicken cubes generously. Drizzle some olive oil in the hot pan then add the chicken, cooking until browned.
- Throw chicken into the bottom of the casserole dish. Toss the garlic, onion, spinach, tomatoes, basil, and cottage cheese in with the chicken. In a small bowl stir together the panko, olive oil, Italian seasoning, and mozzarella. Sprinkle over the chicken mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until panko is toasted perfectly!
Cooks Note: Didn't drain the spinach or tomatoes well enough? That's ok! Just mix a little extra panko bread crumbs into the chicken mixture before topping and baking. It'll soak that extra liquid right up!