1 lb. loaf pumpernickle bread cubed and allowed to go stale
1 lb. sweet Italian turkey or pork sausage
4 Tbsp. butter
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped celery
2 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Poultry Herb Blend
1/2 tsp. salt
2-3 c. chicken or turkey stock
1 c. chopped dried cranberries
1 c. chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease your preferred baking sheet.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Remove the sausage from the casings and cook in the pan until no longer pink.
- Transfer the sausage to a large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan add the butter, onion, and celery cooking until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the Poultry Herb Blend and salt and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable mix, bread cubes, cranberries, and pecans to the mixing bowl.Toss gently.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs with the stock.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Scoop the dressing into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake smaller ramekins for 30 minutes and larger baking dishes for 45.