- 1 lb. Loaf Pumpernickle Bread, cubed and allowed to go stale
- 1 lb. Sweet Italian Turkey or Pork Sausage
- 4 tbsp. Butter
- 1 c. Chopped Onion
- 1 c. Chopped Celery
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Poultry Herb Blend
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2-3 c. Chicken or Turkey Stock
- 1 c. Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 1 c. Toasted Peacans, choppped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease your preferred baking sheet.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat.
- Remove the sausage from the casings and cook in the pan until no longer pink.
- Transfer the sausage to a large mixing bowl.
- In the same pan add the butter, onion, and celery cooking until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the Poultry Herb Blend and salt and cook 3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable mix, bread cubes, cranberries, and pecans to the mixing bowl.Toss gently.
- In a small bowl whisk the eggs with the stock.
- Pour the egg mixture into the bread mixture and toss to coat.
- Scoop the dressing into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake smaller ramekins for 30 minutes and larger baking dishes for 45.