Wipe the slate clean and start the school year off with healthier snacking. This recipe for roasted chickpeas will satisfy that craving for crunch while offering up more protein and less fat than chips. Perfect for lunchboxes, football parties, camping trips and eating straight off the baking sheet!
- 2 (15-oz) cans Chickpeas, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs. Olive Oil
- 1 tbs. Lime Zest
- 1 tbs. Lime Juice
- 2 tbs. Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 2 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Grass
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
- Place the chickpeas in a large bowl and add olive oil, lime zest, lime juice and unsweetened coconut. Using hands or mortar and pestle, crush up basil and lemon grass a bit before adding to bowl. Toss all ingredients together until evenly coated.
- Pour chickpea mixture out into an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 30 to 40 minutes. For even cooking, use a spatula to stir them up every 10 minutes.