This dish is quick and easy to pull together on a weeknight for your family and is perfectly paired with a side of quinoa and a good vegetable like Brussels sprouts or broccoli. Who doesn't love an easy Citrus Herb Chicken ready to impress?
- 1/4 c. Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Lemons, one juiced and one sliced
- 2 Oranges, one juiced and one sliced
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Italian Herb Blend
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste
- 10-12 pieces (about 4 1/2 lbs.) Bone-in Chicken Parts (thighs and legs are best), pat dry
- 1 medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, sugar, lemon juice, orange juice, Italian Herb Blend, paprika, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in a rimmed 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place parts skin side up and spread them out evenly in the pan. Pour olive oil mixture all over chicken, turning pieces to coat all sides. Arrange slices of lemon, orange and onion around and under the chicken. Sprinkle all over generously with Freeze Dried Thyme.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour, or until chicken is cooked and juices run clear. Remove parts to a serving platter and garnish with additional herbs, if desired.