Go green this spring with a Chimichurri Chickpea Salad perfect for any occasion where you want to eat well AND have it be good for you also!
- 1 14.5 ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Litehouse Freeze Dried Oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 Cups Fresh Express Organic Baby Kale Mix
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 cup NatureSweet Cherub Tomatoes, diced
- Litehouse Homestyle Ranch Dressing or OPA Avocado Cilantro Dressing
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the cilantro, parsley, oregano, garlic, red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until the sauce is smooth.
- Place the chimichurri sauce into a small bowl along with the chickpeas and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight, if possible.
- Divide the lettuce, tomato and avocado between 4 bowls. Top each bowl evenly with the marinated chickpeas. Drizzle with the Cotija Cilantro dressing and serve.