Add some Asian flair to your next pot of a family classic soup recipe. This easy comfort food is an East meets West fusion of classic chicken noodle soup ingredients with a flavourful twist of sesame miso and Asian veggies. Serve it for lunch or as part of a delicious family dinner with a side salad and crusty roll.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Litehouse® Sesame Miso Dressing & Dip
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups Bok Choy, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pinch of chili flakes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup rice noodles, uncooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnish ideas: sesame seeds, sliced radishes, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Spring Onion
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Place chicken in a shallow casserole dish. Cover with Litehouse® Sesame Miso Dressing & Dip. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165° F. The time your chicken needs to bake will depend on the size of your chicken breasts. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. Once cooled, chop into ½ inch chunks.
- Add toasted sesame oil to a large pot over medium heat. Add Bok Choy, carrots, mushrooms, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic, lime juice, soy sauce and chili flakes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until Bok Choy is wilted.
- Stir in chicken broth, chicken and rice noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with desired garnishes.