This recipe puts a fall twist on a summer fair staple.
- 1 Package of Puff Pastry Dough, thawed (found in your local grocery freezer section)
- ½ c. Litehouse® Low Fat Caramel Dip
- 1 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 large Granny Smith Apples
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- Powdered Sugar
- Peel and dice the apples and place them into a baking dish. Pour the melted butter, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of sugar over the apples. Place in the oven and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- On a floured work surface, lay out both sheets of Puff Pastry. Using a 2” round cutter (or similar) cut 24 circles and place them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake according to the package instructions.
- Combine the whipping cream and remaining sugar in a chilled bowl and beat the cream until it forms soft peaks. Place the whipped cream into a pastry bag.
- Place the caramel dip into a zip closure bag and place the bag into a bowl of warm water to soften the caramel.
- When you are ready to assemble the cream puffs, cut the corner of the bag to allow you to easily squeeze the caramel onto the puffs.
- To assemble the puffs, carefully break each baked puff in half. Scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of apples onto the base of the pastry. Top the apples with a dollop of whipped cream and caramel. Replace the top of the pastry to complete the assembly. When all puffs are assembled, carefully dust the tops with powdered sugar and serve.