Fluffy Cake Doughnuts deep-fried until golden brown, served with assortment of sweet Litehouse® dipping sauces.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 whole egg
- ¼ pound of softened butter
- ½ vanilla extract
- Litehouse® Strawberry dipping sauce
- Litehouse® Caramel dipping sauce
- Litehouse® Chocolate dipping sauce
- Gather and measure out all ingredients. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, Kosher salt, nutmeg, cinnamon. Combine well.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl add milk, egg, butter, and vanilla. Whisk well until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients until dough starts to form. Mix thoroughly until dough does not stick to the side of the bowl. Shape dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator. Allow to rest for 90 minutes.
- Roll dough into ½ inch thick rectangle. Using a doughnut cutter or 3” and 1” biscuit cutters, punch out your doughnuts. Re-knead scraps together and punch out as well. Place doughnuts and holes onto baking sheets and set aside.
- Heat oil to 350° F and cook for about two minutes on each side or until golden brown. Allow to drain on paper towels.
- Glaze donuts with your favorite Litehouse® dipping sauce or dip donuts and try them all. You can take it step further and garnish your doughnuts sprinkles, nuts, coconut flakes or your preferred topping.