Your Holiday table won't be complete without this festive side dish! A traditional side dish, Brussels Sprouts, is brought to life with bacon, blue cheese, cranberries, and a splash of citrus.
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 6 Slices Bacon
- 1/3 c. Dried Cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/3 c. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Blue Cheese Center Cut, crumbled
- 1 Orange, juice and zest
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt slightly. Add the brussels sprouts and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove sprouts from pot and place on a clean kitchen towel to dry.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon off in a pan. Remove bacon, set aside and crumble. Remove all bacon grease from the pan except for 1-2 tablespoons.
- Make sure brussel sprouts a VERY dry, patting with a towel if neccessary, and add them to the hot bacon grease. Add a pinch of both salt and pepper and cook until sprouts are browned on the edges. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the cranberries, zest, and orange juice. Pour into a serving dish and top with blue cheese.