Roasted pears decked out in blue cheese, pomegranate and pine nuts make an elegant yet ridiculously easy side dish or dessert to start of the New Year.
- 2 large Bosc Pears, not overly ripe
- 1 Lemon
- ¼ c. Pine Nuts
- ½ c. Pomegranate Arils
- ½ c. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Crumbles
- ½ c. Pomegranate Juice
- ½ c. Apple Cider
- 1/3 c. Brown Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash pears and slice in half lengthwise. Use a melon baller to scoop out seeds and core, leaving a well for blue cheese filling. Place pears, cut side up, in glass baking dish or cast-iron skillet.
- Slice lemon in half and squeeze juice over cut side of pears so that they don’t discolor.
- In small skillet, over medium-high, toast pine nuts about 3 to 4 minutes, shaking pan as needed, until lightly golden brown.
- In small bowl, toss together crumbled blue cheese, fresh pomegranate arils, and toasted pine nuts. Divide this cheese mixture among the pear halves, pushing down into the indentation.
- In small bowl, combine pomegranate juice, apple cider and brown sugar. Drizzle a bit over pears and pour remainder around pears sitting in baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, basting once or twice with liquid in dish. Pears are ready when softened and cheese bubbling.