It’s International Beer Day and nothing says “taste adventure” more than an imported cold brew enjoyed alongside a bowl of bold blue cheese queso and chips!
- 2½ c. Whole Milk
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 2 tbsp. Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4oz. container Litehouse® Simply Artisan Reserve Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 6 oz. Shredded Cheese
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Italian Herb Blend
- ½ tsp. Dried Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ c. Green Onions, thinly sliced, both white bulbs and green tops
- 15oz. can Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes, drained well
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, warm milk (without boiling), stirring occasionally.
2. At the same time, heat butter in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat until melted. Add flour to melted butter and whisk continuously, cooking until it is bubbling and has turned lightly golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Stream in heated milk, whisking continuously, and continue to cook over medium heat until mixture bubbles and thickens slightly. Add cheeses and whisk well until melted smooth and incorporated. Add Italian Herb Blend, dried red pepper flakes, green onions and drained tomatoes, stirring until combined.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour into serving bowl and garnish as desired.