Blue Cheese, Cherry and Pistachio Crescent Bites feature refrigerated crescent rolls and a flavorful creamy filling for a speedy, no stress yet special holiday appetizer!
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces Litehouse Simply Artisan Blue Cheese Crumbles
- ¼ cup fine chopped dried cherries
- ¼ cup finely chopped, shelled roasted and salted pistachios (divided)
- 1 8-ounce container refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheets.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, blue cheese crumbles, dried chopped cherries, and 3 tablespoons of chopped pistachios until combined.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate the dough along perforations into four rectangles (each rectangle composed of two triangles). Press the seams together, on both sides of each rectangle, to seal.
- Place a rectangle on a work surface. Use small spatula to evenly spread 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture onto the dough rectangle, leaving a small border around the edges. Beginning on a short side, tightly roll the rectangle up like a pinwheel and then pinch the seam shut.
- With a sharp knife, slice each roll into 6 equal pieces. Dough may be sliced immediate to bake or wrapped in plastic wrap and kept in refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Divide the sliced pieces between the two prepared baking sheets (12 per pan) with cut sides up. Do not crowd. Slightly flatten each piece with the bottom of a drinking glass. Spray bottom of glass with cooking spray if sticking.
- Place on center rack of preheated 375 F degree oven and bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until puffed and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Place on serving platter warm and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of pistachios.