Cooking in the great outdoors, or in your very own backyard, has taken a gourmet turn with this simple, quick, healthy, and delicious Balsamic White Bean and Summer Vegetable Gratin.
- 2 cans White Beans, drained and rinsed
- Balsamic Reduction
- 2 Zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 Summer Squash, thinly sliced
- 2 Tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 Red Potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 6 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Thyme
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- Set up 6 cooking packets using by placing a square of parchment paper on top of two sheets of aluminum foil.
- Place 1/2 cup white beans on each cooking packet. Sprinkle beans with salt and pepper then drizzle with the balsamic reduction. On top of the beans layer the vegetables in any order you desire. Sprinkle each with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the thyme. Top each packet with parmesan if desired.
- Fold up the packets tight enough to trap in steam caused by the cooking vegetables. Place foil packets near red hot coals or rocks from your campfire and cook for 25 minutes.
Or: Place foil packets on a grill over high heat and cook for 25 minutes.
Or: Place the foil packets in an oven preheated to 475 degrees or higher and cook for 25 minutes.