Avocado toast bruschetta is a wildly versatile dish that can be served for breakfast, lunch or as a snack. It’s easy to make, fairly kid friendly in the kitchen and the taste is out of this world. With so many different options to top this recipe it should never become boring.
- 4 English Muffins
- 2 ripe Avocadoes halved, seeded, peeled
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups baby heirloom or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 1 tbsp Litehouse® Freeze Dried Basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction or Litehouse® Balsamic Dressing & Marinade
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and line a half sheet pan with parchment paper
- Cut English muffins, brush insides lightly with a little olive oil and place on sheet pans. Toast English muffins for 8-10 minutes until lightly brown and toasted. Let muffins cool.
- Wash avocadoes, half, seed and peel them. Scoop avocado halves into small mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash avocadoes with ¼ cup olive oil. Add juice of 1 lemon and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise. Place in small bowl and toss with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with basil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once muffins are cool spread avocado mixture evenly across all 8 halves. Arrange tomatoes over avocado mixture. Finish with balsamic drizzle over the top.