Dig your fork into the relaxing flavors of this Autumnal Chopped Salad after surviving the first few days of the new school year. The comforting and hearty flavors of fall are transformed into a light and healthy salad.
2 heads Romaine lettuce chopped,
3 chicken breasts halved lengthwise,
6 strips bacon or turkey bacon ,
2 apples or pears cored and chopped,
1 c. dried cranberries chopped,
1/2 c. chopped pecans ,
1 Tbsp. olive oil,
1 tsp. Instantly Fresh Sage,
OPA Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing,
1. In large pan over medium heat sear the bacon slices until cooked through and crispy.
2. Remove bacon from pan and set aside on a paper towel lined plate and pour the drippings into a bowl to cool.
3. Season both sides of the chicken breast halves with salt and pepper.
4. Cook the chicken breasts in the same pan as the bacon until browned on both sides and cooked through.
5. Chop both the bacon and the chicken.
While the meats are cooking toss the pecans in the olive oil, sage, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Toast the pecans over low heat in a small pan watching them carefully. Pecans burn quickly!
6. Divide the chopped romaine among 6 plates.
Top each plate of romaine with the chopped, chicken, bacon, cranberries, apples, and pecans.
Drizzle each salad with OPA Greek Yogurt Blue Cheese Dressing or any of your favorite Litehouse Dressings.