I have a pretty predictable week. I go to work, I go to the gym, I come home and dig through my pantry to find something quick and easy for dinner. Does this sound like you? I’m sure that this is the basic outline of most weeks for many readers. Most nights I think about how easy it would be to pick up something quick from a drive-thru on my way home from the gym. Unfortunately it is not always healthy and can be quite costly.
I’m always looking for easy meals that are not only quick to make but are also quick on the cleanup. With my busy schedule this clears up a lot of stress in my evenings and gives me more time to spend with my family. I have a handful of go-to items that help me prepare meals quickly:
- Rotisserie Chicken – You can easily pick up a rotisserie chicken at your local grocery store and pair it with any side for an easy meal. You can also mix rotisserie chicken into soups or craft a delicious barbecue sandwich.
- Pasta – Any shape will do. Pasta is a great way to whip up an easy meal by adding in vegetables and a protein. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over your creation and toss to evenly coat before serving with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Canned Beans – Beans are a great source of protein, fiber and iron. These are a great addition to many salads and pastas and are easy on your budget!
- Eggs – These are another great source of protein and can be used to make breakfast for dinner. You can also easily whip of egg salad sandwiches, frittata, and soufflés.
- Herbs – Yes, herbs. You can easily transform the flavors of many proteins by adding a few herbs or spices. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Herbs offer a wide variety of flavors that can transform your meals from dull to a meal packed with flavor.
Most of us are probably over thinking dinner. I know that many nights I stare at my pantry saying that there is nothing in there to eat. With a little creativity and some staple ingredients it is very simple to craft a quick and easy meal.
Spaghetti with Creamy Red Pepper-Feta Sauce