Light and fluffy pancakes prepared with Greek yogurt and topped with fresh granola make the perfect weekend breakfast!
For the granola:
- 2 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup slivered or whole almonds
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
For the pancakes:
- 1½ cups all purpose flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla (or ½ teaspoon almond extract)
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt (or vanilla greek yogurt)
- ¾ cup milk
- Opadipity Vanilla Almond dip
- Prepare the granola by tossing together the oats, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil (or butter), almond and vanilla extracts and stir well to coat the granola.
- Lay out the mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees F for 45 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the pancake batter by stirring together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the oil, eggs, vanilla, Greek yogurt and milk and stir until the dry ingredients are just moistened. There should be a few lumps.
- Heat a large griddle to medium-high heat and grease the surface. Pour ¼ - ½ cup of batter onto the griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
- Plate the pancakes and top with a dollop of OPAdipity Vanilla Almond dip and some of the granola.