Save dinner by the skin of your potatoes with this superb side or afterschool snack!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and rub them while they are still damp with coarse salt.
- Poke a couple of holes with a knife and wrap them in foil, individually.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake approximately one hour depending on size.
- While the potatoes are baking, chop the chicken fingers into bite-sized pieces.
- When the potatoes are done, cut them in half. Carefully scoop out most of the potato, being cautious not to break the skins. Cut each half again so that you end up with 4 quarters per potato. Place the skins onto a baking sheet.
- Fill the potatoes with chicken and sprinkle the cheese on top. Top each potato with bacon bits and place back on the baking sheet back in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted and golden remove the skins from the oven and drizzle with ranch dressing and diced green onions. Serve immediately.