In celebration of National Salad Month, Fresh Express, Litehouse, Inc., and NatureSweet® are partnering on a national retail promotion that makes it easier for consumers to select top quality ingredients for a top shelf salad. Running May 9-22, 2018, the “Raise the Salad Bar” retail promotion will include in-store product discounts on Fresh Express Blends, Litehouse dressings and NatureSweet tomatoes, inspirational recipe videos, an online consumer sweepstakes, and more.
On a shared mission to help consumers build a better salad by providing fresh and quality ingredients, Fresh Express Blends, Litehouse 13 ounce spoonable dressings, and NatureSweet 10.5 ounce Cherubs® Tomatoes will be discounted during the promotion at grocery stores nationwide[i]. Strategically timed around National Salad Month and key May stock-up periods, including Mother’s Day and Memorial Day, the collaborative promotion will drive retail foot traffic, increase basket size, and grow incremental retail sales for the participating brands.
Raise the Salad Bar will be supported by a mix of in-store, online and broadcast tactics:
- Ad slicks and in-store signage, including shelf talkers, recipe pads and shippers
- “National Salad Month” Satellite Media Tour hosted by Whitney Bond
- Recipe videos highlighting product versatility in three delicious salads: BLT Salad, Chef Salad, and Taco Salad
- Integrated online campaign including social content and an enter-to-win sweepstakes where 15 consumers will win a year’s worth of salad
The three participating brands offer essential ingredients for any top shelf salad: greens, tomatoes and dressing. Consumers can mix and match products and add other salad fixings for endless varieties. All three brands can be found in the produce department, with Litehouse dressings and Fresh Express packaged salads found in the refrigerated section:
- Delightfully Cool Dressing: Available in mouth-wateringly delicious flavors like Homestyle Ranch, Chunky Blue Cheese, and Jalapeno Ranch, Litehouse dressings are made without artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors, and do not contain high fructose corn syrup. A 100% employee owned company, Litehouse crafts each product with care and is committed to quality, great taste, and real ingredients.
- Heavenly Salad Tomatoes: Bright, juicy and irresistible, NatureSweet Cherubs tomatoes make salads divine and add a fresh burst of color with guaranteed sweetness. In fact, NatureSweet Cherubs tomatoes are the No. 1 selling tomato in the world[ii].
- Deliciously Fresh Salads: To maintain freshness, packaged salad pioneer Fresh Express uses breathable bags custom designed for each leaf type, like Sweet Butter, Baby Spinach, and Romaine. All Fresh Express salads are thoroughly washed, rinsed and gently dried, then sealed in a Keep-Crisp® bag for long-lasting freshness.
To learn more about the promotion, visit www.litehousefoods.com/NatureSweet-FreshExpress-Promo.
About Litehouse, Inc.
Litehouse, Inc. started in the Hope, Idaho restaurant of the Hawkins family over 50 years ago. Since that time, it has become the leader in refrigerated salad dressings, dips, sauces, herbs, and cheese, manufacturing these delicious products at its three U.S. facilities based in Michigan, Utah and Idaho. Litehouse offers its diverse portfolio of products through general retail, e-commerce, foodservice, deli, member stores, and value-added goods where Litehouse products are featured in meal and salad kits. Litehouse is proud to be 100% employee-owned and each one of the employee owners carries on the high standards of quality and innovation. For more information, visit www.LitehouseFoods.com, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
NatureSweet Ltd. is the leading grower of premium, branded, best-tasting fresh tomatoes in North America. Always vine-ripened and hand-picked at the peak of freshness, only NatureSweet® tomatoes guarantee great taste all year round. NatureSweet tomatoes are carefully grown, harvested and packaged by more than 8,000 full-time associates, and are sold at major grocers, mass retailers, club stores and food service operators in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Known for award-winning quality and innovative packaging, NatureSweet is also committed to having a positive social, environmental and economic impact on the communities in which they operate. NatureSweet Cherubs®, SunBursts®, Glorys™, Cherriots™, Constellation™, Eclipses™ and Jubilees® are trademarks of NatureSweet Ltd. For more information about NatureSweet tomatoes, visit www.naturesweet.com.
About Fresh Express
Fresh Express is the brand leader in Value Added Salads and is dedicated to providing consumers with healthy, convenient ready-to-eat salads, leafy greens, vegetables and fruits. With the invention of its special Keep Crisp® Bag in the 1980s, Fresh Express pioneered the retail packaged salad category and was the first to make them available to grocery stores nationwide. Today, Fresh Express fresh salads come in more than 150 different varieties offering exciting new flavors and convenient new ways to meet the daily dietary requirements for both conventional and organic fresh produce. More than 25 million consumers each week enjoy healthy, convenient ready-to-eat Fresh Express salads, spinach, vegetables and juicing greens. For more information, visit www.FreshExpress.com.
[i] Two for $5 or two for $6 at participating retailers
[ii] Nielsen data FY 2017