This easy appetizer is full of mouthwatering Tex-Mex flavour with just the right amount of spice and heat. They are crispy and cheesy with loads of bacon, red onion, Hatch Chile Ranch dressing and more. You can even prep them ahead of time to be ready to whip up when you want a quick snack.
- 4 large Baking Potatoes
- ¼ c. Butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. Cumin
- ¼ tsp. Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
- 1 c. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Red Onion
- 1 tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives
- 4 strips Bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ c. Litehouse® Hatch Chile Ranch Dressing & Dip
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Prick potatoes all over with a fork. Wrap in aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour 35 minutes or until potatoes are softened. Let cool on the baking sheet until you can touch them comfortably.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Carefully, scoop out the inside of the potato leaving the shell intact. Place back on the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and paprika. Brush the inside of the potato skins with the butter mixture.
- Broil for 10 to 12 minutes or until starting to brown and crisp up. Remove from the oven.
- In a medium bowl, stir together Monterey Jack cheese, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Red Onion, Litehouse® Freeze Dried Chives and bacon. Top each potato skin with cheese mixture. Place a jalapeno pepper on top.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, top with a dollop of Litehouse® Hatch Chile Ranch Dressing & Dip and Litehouse® Freeze Dried Parsley. Serve hot.