Love curry? Try this easy-to-make vegetarian dinner recipe for Potato, Butternut Squash, and Cauliflower Curry. It's perfect for any time of year and makes a tasty bowl of comfort to share!
Read Stacey's full post, including more photos, here.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Lighthouse® freeze-dried garlic
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 - 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 pounds Idaho® russet potatoes, diced
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound butternut squash, seeded and diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basmati or jasmine rice, to serve
- Naan, to serve
- Greek-style yogurt, vegan or regular, to serve
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Mango chutney, to serve
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat and sauté the freeze-dried garlic, onions, and ground ginger until soft.
- Add in the remaining spices, bay leaves, lime zest, and drained tomatoes. Continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add in the diced potatoes along with 2½ cups of broth, or just enough to cover, and continue to cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Finally add in the cauliflower florets and diced butternut squash, stirring to mix well. Continue cooking for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust any seasoning if needed.
- Prepare rice if serving, warm up the naan, and garnish with fresh cilantro, plain yogurt, and mango chutney if desired.