Pumpkin Ginger Bread! This pumpkin bread is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and made with whole wheat flour. No taste sacrifices here --- it’s perfectly moist and tender, no one will ever guess that it’s better for you. Studded with Litehouse Freeze Dried Ginger, it’s a must-make recipe for fall.
- 1/3 c. + 1 tbsp. Melted Coconut Oil, divided
- 1/2 c. 100% Maple Syrup
- 1 1/4 tsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Ginger
- 1 c. Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 c. + 2 tsp. Milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 3/4 c. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (or regular whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour)
- 2/3 c. Powdered Sugard
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan or line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup coconut oil, maple syrup and ginger. Add in the pumpkin puree, eggs and 1/4 cup milk and whisk until well blended.
- Add in the nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, vanilla and salt and whisk into well blended, then gradually stir in the flour, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack while you prepare the glaze.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, remaining tablespoon of coconut oil and remaining 2 teaspoons milk. The glaze should be a thick, pourable consistency. If it’s too thick, add a splash of milk. Too thin, add more powdered sugar. Pour on the cake, let harden, then slice and serve!