You can easily enhance the flavor of any meat using flavorful salad dressing as a marinade. These steak skewers benefit from a quick marinade in Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil dressing and are served with fresh tasting chimichurri sauce.
- 1 lb. Sirloin Steak, cut into cubes
- ½ c. Litehouse® Red Wine Vinegar and Olive Oil Dressing
- ½ Red Onion, cut into 1” squares
- 2 Red, Yellow or Orange Peppers, cut into 1” squares
- 1/2 c. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Kosher Salt, plus more
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 c. Fresh Cilantro, minced
- 1/4 c. Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley, minced
- 2 tbsp. Finely Chopped Fresh Oregano
- 3/4 c. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Place the meat along with the dressing in a large zip closure bag and seal tightly. Massage the dressing into the meat and allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chimichurri sauce by combining vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil. Season with salt to taste.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Skewer the meat along with the onion and peppers, alternating between the three ingredients. Cook skewers until desired doneness (155° F for medium-well) and then remove from the grill. Serve immediately with chimichurri sauce.