A mixture of Italian cooking styles: Osso Bucco with Agrodolce. A tasty way to fix up a cheap cut of meat!
4 turkey legs, skin and silver skin removed
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
12 oz. chicken stock
4 oz. Litehouse® Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp. capers
1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. raspberry vinaigrette
2 Tbsp. dried cranberries
2 Tbsp. chopped green olives
2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
2 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 325°. In a Dutch oven, heat oil until shimmering.
2. Add turkey legs and sauté 5 minutes each side until golden brown then put on a plate.
3. To the pot, add carrot, celery and onion. Sauté 5-7 minutes until golden.
4. Add turkey back to pot with the sautéed vegetables. Add stock and scrape bottom of pan. Add dressing, bay leaf. Cover pot and place in over for 2 hours.
5. Place cranberries in bowl with balsamic vinegar and Litehouse Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette and let sit until turkey is done.
6. Remove pot from oven and take out turkey legs. Stir butter into pot. When melted, add olives, almonds, capers and cranberries. Serve turkey legs with sauce spooned over meat.