Get motivated to keep your New Year’s health and fitness resolutions with a tasty reward – Tropical Caramel Cashew Energy Bars. This easy recipe is a great “to-go” snack that will fuel your workouts and help your muscles recover afterward.
2 cups old-fashioned oats (gluten free if needed),
1 cup raw shelled hemp seed,
1 cup coarsely chopped raw cashews,
½ cup coarsely chopped dried pineapple,
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried mango,
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut,
1/2 tsp salt,
1 ¼ cup Litehouse Food Low-Fat Caramel Dip (or may substitute Old-Fashioned Caramel),
1) Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the ends for easy removal and cleanup. Spray parchment paper with baking spray.
2) In a large bowl, stir together the oats, hemp seed, cashews, pineapple, mango, coconut and salt.
3) Heat caramel dip in microwave for 1 minute on high power. Pour warmed caramel into oat mixture and stir well to combine.
4) Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan and press down firmly with spatula to pack mixture down.
5) Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately use the back of drinking glass to press down on bars while they are still soft. Let cool in pan for approximately 30 minutes or until firming up.
6) Lift bars out of pan using edges of parchment. Cut into 24 bars using a very sharp knife. Store bars in an air-tight container.