Creating the perfect summer pasta salad is easy with Litehouse® Purely Balanced™ dressings. Using the Lemon Basil flavor on a combination of cheese tortellini paired with grape tomatoes, pine nuts and parmesan cheese create the perfect side dish or main meal.
- 1 lb. Thin Asparagus, cut into 1-inch lengths
- ½ tbsp. Salt
- 1 lb. Dried Cheese Tortellini
- 12 oz. Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 c. Parmesan Cheese Shreds
- ¼ c. Fresh Basil, chopped
- ¼ c. Pine Nuts, toasted
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ c. Litehouse® Purely Balanced™ Lemon Basil Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Bring a large pot of water to boil along with ½ tablespoon of salt. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice. Add asparagus to the boiling water and cook until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer asparagus to the ice bath and let cool. Drain and pat dry. Do not drain the water.
- Return the pot of water to a boil and cook tortellini according to package instructions. Drain the tortellini and rinse with cold water.
- Add tortellini to a large bowl and toss with ½ cup Litehouse® Purely Balanced™ Lemon Basil Greek Yogurt Dressing.
- Add tomatoes, asparagus, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and basil into the bowl and toss to coat evenly with the dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate salad for 2-3 hours before serving. Allow salad to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.