Warm up your kitchen with the fragrant smell of these savory rolls. Delicious alongside a warm bowl of soup or served warm with butter.
- ⅓ cup Unsalted Butter (76 g)
- ½ cup Water (120 mL)
- ½ cup Whole Milk (120 mL)
- 2 ¼ tsp Active Dry Yeast (7 g)
- 3 ¼ cups Organic Unbleached White All Purpose White Flour (442 g)
- 2 Tbsp Sugar (30 g)
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 large Egg (50 g)
Tomato Basil Filling
- 8 oz Feta Cheese (226 g)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil (60 mL)
- ⅓ cup Sundried Tomatoes in Oil, removed from oil (65 g)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Tbsp Litehouse Freeze Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp fresh cracked Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste (30 g)
- 1 Egg Yolk (20 g)
- 1 tsp Water
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Whisk in the water and milk and heat again (if necessary) until the mixture is between 110-120°F. Stir in the yeast until completely dissolved and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While the yeast rests, combine the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix briefly to combine.
- Add the yeast mixture and egg into the flour. With the dough hook attachment, mix on low until a shaggy dough is formed, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Increase the speed to medium low and mix for 5-6 minutes. Dough will be sticky, but smooth. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for 60 minutes.
- To make the filling, add all the tomato filling ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Turn the risen dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll it into an 18 x 14-inch rectangle, with the longer edge facing you. Spread the tomato mix evenly edge to edge. Starting on the long side, roll the dough into a tight log.
- Spray a standard muffin tin with non-stick spray. Slice the log into twelve 1 ½ inch pieces. Place the rolls in a muffin tin, cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Whisk together the egg wash and generously brush over the risen rolls. Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve warm.