Create a quick and tasty stir fry with Litehouse Thai Peanut Dressings and Litehouse Instantly Fresh Herbs. This recipe includes fresh vegetables and tofu.
2 14-ounce pkgs plain firm tofu,
2 Tbsp. sunflower safflower or peanut oil divided,
2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce divided,
1 12-ounce pkg. fresh or frozen green peas,
1 large orange yellow or red bell pepper sliced thinly,
1/2 tsp. sea salt,
1 Tbsp. cornstarch,
1 cup vegetable broth (or water),
1 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onion,
1 tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Garlic,
1 tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Ginger,
1 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Basil,
2 tsp. Chinese Five-Spice Powder,
½ tsp. white pepper,
½ cup Litehouse Thai Peanut Dressing,
Litehouse Instantly Fresh Spring Onion (for garnish),
1. Drain tofu and place on clean dish towel, one at a time, and squeeze moisture from tofu. Slice tofu into one-inch cubes (see photos).
2. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in wok until oil begins shimmering, indicating that it’s hot. Place half of the cubed tofu carefully in oil and stir fry until crust forms on surface of tofu. Season tofu with 1 Tbsp. of soy sauce and continue stir frying for 2-3 minutes. Remove first batch of tofu from wok and place in a bowl. Repeat frying and seasoning process with the remaining tofu. Return first batch of tofu to wok.
3. Pour broth in a small mixing bowl and add cornstarch. Wisk until corn starch is dissolved; pour into wok.
4. Add peas, bell peppers, salt, Litehouse seasonings, Five-Spice powder, white pepper and. Bring broth to boil and lower heat to simmer for 10 minutes or until broth has thickened. Pour Litehouse Thai Peanut Dressing over tofu and vegetables and stir gently with a wooden spoon.
5. Garnish stir fry with Litehouse Instantly Fresh Spring Onion. Serve with rice or noodles.