Fresh strawberries are mixed with sugar free strawberry glaze, layered in a pretty dish with crumbled sugar free cake, then topped with an easy sugar free vanilla cream.
For the Cake,
1 c. butter softened,
1 1/2 c. Splenda or other favorite sugar substitute,
3/4 cup milk,
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract,
2 c. cake flour,
2 tsp. baking powder,
For The Filling,
1 lb. fresh strawberries quartered then sliced thin,
16 oz. Litehouse Sugar Free Strawberry Glaze,
For the Vanilla Cream,
2 c. prepared sugar free vanilla pudding,
4 c. sugar free whipped topping,
PART 1. Prepare the Cake
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar substitute until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes.
3. Add the eggs one at a time blending after each addition.
4. In a medium sized bowl whisk together the cake flour, baking powder and salt.
5. In a small bowl combine the milk and vanilla extract.
6. Mix half of the milk mixture into the butter mixture and blend.
7. Add half of the flour to the butter mixture and blend.
8. Repeat those two steps with the remaining milk and flour.
9. Grease and flour 2 8-9 inch cake pans.
10. Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 20-25 minutes.
11. Allow to cool slightly then crumble into bite size chunks.
PART 2. Prepare the Filling
In a bowl gently stir together the strawberries and sugar free strawberry glaze.
PART 3. Prepare the Vanilla Cream
In a bowl gently fold together the prepared pudding and whipped topping.
PART 4. Build your Parfaits
1. Choose your serving cups (I used fancy coffee mugs) and start layering the strawberry filling and cake crumbles.
2. Top with the vanilla cream.