Bring that sunny day vibe (and loads of healthy nutrients) to your plate with this quick and easy stuffed avocado recipe featuring a vibrant orange and pecan quinoa salad.
- 1 medium orange
- ½ cup cooked quinoa (from convenience “ready” pouch)*
- 2 green onion stalks, whites and greens chopped
- 1-ounce raw pecans (about 20 halves), coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Guacamole Herb Blend from Litehouse®
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 medium avocados
- Peel and seed orange, also removing any tougher membranes. Chop into small pieces, reserving any juice extruded for use in dressing.
- In medium bowl, add chopped orange, cooked (cool) quinoa, chopped green onions, and chopped pecans.
- In small bowl, add juice run off from orange (or use fresh orange juice if not enough), apple cider vinegar, olive oil and Guacamole Herb Blend. Whisk together with fork and pour over salad, stir until well coated.
- Slice avocados lengthwise and remove seed. Fill centers, overflowing a bit, with the prepared quinoa orange salad.
*Used a packaged, prepared quinoa to save time but you may make your own quinoa.