Lemon-kissed corn muffins are filled with fresh strawberries tossed in Litehouse Strawberry Glaze. Top with whipped cream and lemon zest strands for garnish.
1 c. corn meal,
1 c. flour,
¾ c. powdered sugar,
2 tsp. baking powder,
½ tsp. salt,
2 Tbsp. lemon zest (from about 2 lemons),
1 Tbsp. lemon juice,
1 ¼ c. buttermilk,
1 tsp. vanilla extract,
1 lb. fresh strawberries cut into quarters and sliced,
½ c. Litehouse Strawberry Glaze,
whipped cream, for garnish,
lemon zest for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by inserting cupcake liners and spraying the inside of liners with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl whisk together the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Toss in the lemon zest. This coats the lemon zest in flour preventing lumps of zest in your muffins.
3. In a small bowl stir together the lemon juice, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until just combine. A few clumps are ok. Over stirring will result in tough dense corn muffins.
5. Pour ¼ cup of corn muffin batter into each prepared liner. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Use the back of a spoon to push a crater into the center of each muffin. The muffins should be slightly raw in the center when you do this step. Bake an additional 9-10 minutes or until the edges just begin to brown.
6. Meanwhile toss together the strawberries and Litehouse Strawberry Glaze in a small bowl.
7. Spoon the strawberry mixture into the crater of each corn muffin. Pile it up high, a little overflow is ok!
8. Garnish Strawberry Lemon Corn Muffins with whipped cream and more lemon zest.