Upgrade your oatmeal with this make-ahead recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake Quinoa-Oat Bake. The healthy whole grains and sweet berries in this low-sugar breakfast recipe set up like a coffee cake while still being comfortingly creamy.
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
¼ tsp salt
4 ½ cups water
8-oz package Neufchatel cheese (low-fat cream cheese)
½ cup stevia baking blend (like Truvia)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup skim milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon baking powder
3 cups hulled, chopped strawberries (extra slices for top, if desired)
1 container Opadipity Creamy Cheesecake Greek Yogurt Dip
1. Rinse uncooked quinoa in fine mesh strainer to remove bitterness.
2. In large pot, add quinoa, oats, salt and water and bring to rolling boil. Reduce heat, cover with lid, and let the mixture simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the water is absorbed into the grains, remove from heat and stir in Neufchatel cheese and stevia. Let cool for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Prepare 9- by - 13 -inch baking dish or 12 ramekins with cooking spray. Lightly beat 2 eggs with milk and vanilla. Stir this mixture into the somewhat cooled quinoa and oats mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in baking soda.
4. Gently mix in diced strawberries. Transfer the mixture to the baking dish(es), and top with strawberry slices, if desired. Bake, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or turning golden brown on top and center set (not runny).
5. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting into 12 slices. Serve warm, drizzled with Opadipity Creamy Cheesecake Greek Yogurt Dip.