Grilled Spiced Fig Chicken Skewers make for the perfect addition to any barbecue dinner. Chicken breast marinated in sweet tangy Litehouse® Spiced Fig Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing, skewered with fresh figs and red onions. Grilled to perfection then finished off by using a basting brush to add additional Litehouse® Spiced Fig Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing to the skewers.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken tenders, cut 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Litehouse® Spiced Fig Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing, divided
- 4 figs, cut in halves or quarters depending on the size
- 1/2 red onion, quartered
- 10 6-inch bamboo skewers
- Grill Cooking Spray
- Cut the boneless skinless chicken tenders into 1-inch pieces. Place them in a zip-top bag or container. Pour 1/4 cup of the Litehouse® Spiced Fig Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing into the bag. Seal and mix well making sure all the dressing is evenly distributed between the chicken. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour no longer then 24 hours.
- Soak the wood skewers in water until you're ready to grill.
- Once you're ready to cook the skewers, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and the wood skewers from the water. Cut the fresh figs in half and quarter the onion. Create an assembly line, so it's easy to skewer. Skewer in the following order: one piece of chicken, red onion, chicken, fresh fig, chicken, and fresh fig. Repeat until all the chicken skewers are assembled.
- Heat the grill on high. Once the internal temperature reaches 500 reduce to low. Clean the grill and coat with grill cooking spray.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes, then turn and grill for an additional 5-6 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lastly, using a silicone basting brush, brush on the additional Litehouse® Spiced Fig Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing on to the kabobs. Serve immediately.