Jalapeno halves are stuffed with a creamy southwestern style spinach dip. Stuffed jalapenos are topped with cheese and panko bread crumbs then baked until bubbly, brown, and panko topping is crunchy!
1 bunch fresh spinach thinly sliced,
5 scallions thinly sliced,
1 red bell pepper finely chopped,
1 c. corn kernels fresh or frozen,
1 jalapeno discard seeds and mince,
2 Tbsp. olive oil,
2 Tbsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Cilantro,
2 tsp. ground cumin,
1 ½ tsp. salt,
¼ tsp. black pepper,
4 oz. cream cheese,
½ c. Litehouse Mild Jalapeno Dip,
15 whole jalapenos sliced in half lengthwise seeds removed and discarded,
(Editor's note: try using a melon scoop to remove seeds)
1/3 c. cheddar cheese shredded,
1/3 c. panko bread crumbs,
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil, spinach, scallions, bell pepper, corn, minced jalapeno, Litehouse Instantly Fresh Cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook stirring often until spinach and bell pepper are softened.
4. In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese and Litehouse Mild Jalapeno Dip until smooth.
5. Add the spinach mixture and stir to combine.
6. Place jalapeno halves on a baking sheet cut side up. Fill each jalapeno with creamy spinach mixture. Sprinkle the cheese over each filled jalapeno. Sprinkle the panko bread crumbs on top of the cheese.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes if you prefer a little crunch left in the jalapeno, or 20 minutes for a softer jalapeno.