A Mediterranean dish with less expensive orzo pasta (and less time consuming) standing in for Arborio rice. A quick sauté of shrimp and herbs tops it off.
For the Shrimp:
2 lbs. peeled and deveined shrimp
1 tsp.kosher salt
1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Chives
1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Garlic
1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Dill
1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Oregano
1 ½ cups chopped tomatoes
3 Tbsp. oil
For the Orzo:
1 lb. orzo pasta
3 Tbsp. olive oil
6 cups seafood stock, other stock or water
2 Tbsp. Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Red Onion
1 cup frozen peas
2/3 cup Litehouse® OPA Feta Dill
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tsp. black pepper
Lemon zest (optional)
Toss shrimp with all ingredients except oil and tomatoes.
1. Bring stock to a simmer and heat oil in a skillet while adding orzo by stirring occasionally until toasted golden brown
2. Add Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Onions. Add half of the stock, stirring constantly. After 4-5 minutes, add the rest of the stock
3. When the orzo is almost al dente, stir in frozen peas. Stir for one minute and add Litehouse® dressing, and heavy cream. Stir and cover.
1. Heat oil in skillet until shimmering then add shrimp and toss or stir. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and are just opaque
2. Add tomatoes and pepper to orzo. Spoon orzo on plate, with shrimp on top. Grate zest of lemon on top.