Combining savory and sweet together gives this stuffing a delicious flavor for stuffing a turkey or a side dish.
- 16 c. 1" Bread Cubes, white or sourdough
- 8 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
- 1 c. Medium-Diced Yellow Onion
- 1 c. Medium-Diced Celery
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, unpeeled cored and large-diced
- 2 tbsp. Litehouse® Poultry Herb Blend
- 1 tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 lb. Sweet or Spicy Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 c. Chicken Stock
- 1 c. Dried Cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the bread cubes in a single layer on a sheet pan and bake for 7 minutes. Raise the oven temperature to 350°F. Remove the bread cubes to a very large bowl. While the bread is cooking, cook the sausage over medium heat, breaking it into small pieces. Drain the meat and place it to the side on a plate.
- In the same sauté pan that you cooked the sauces, melt the butter and add the onions, celery, apples, Poultry Herb Blend, salt and pepper. Sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are softened. Add to the bread cubes.
- Add to the bread cubes and vegetables.
- Add the chicken stock and cranberries to the mixture and mix well. Pour the mixture into a 9 by 12-inch baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, until browned on top and hot in the middle. Serve warm.