Holiday party? Don't fret, this is the perfect dish for any holiday get together!
Pie crust for single crust pastry
3-4 medium pears, peeled, cored and cut in ¼ inch slices
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp cornstarch (increase by 1 tsp for
each additional pear added)
⅛ tsp cinnamon, if desired
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp honey
½ tsp boiling water
Simply Artisan ReserveTM Feta Crumbles
1. Heat oven to 425º. Line 15x10 inch baking sheet with parchment paper; spray paper with cooking spray.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll crust into 11-inch round. Draping the crust over the rolling pin, transfer to baking sheet.
3. In a large bowl toss the pear slices with the lemon juice. Sprinkle in the cornstarch, brown sugar and cinnamon. Toss until the pears are evenly coated.
4. Arrange the pears in a mound in the center of the dough, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the border over the filling. It will only cover the pears partially and does not need to be even.
5. Bake the tart for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and bake an additional 40 minutes, until the pears are tender and the crust is golden brown.
6. In a small bowl stir together the honey and boiling water to make a glaze. When the galette is done remove it from the oven and brush the honey glaze all over the top of the fruit and crust and sprinkle liberally with Feta Crumbles.