This roasted kale chips & quinoa salad developed by Dr. Janet Brill is just the salad for you!
3/4 cup quinoa (organic)
1 large bag (16 oz.) cleaned and cut kale greens (organic)
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Sea salt (for taste)
1 ½ cups grape tomatoes
1/2 cup mixed Greek olives (pitted)
2 fresh garlic cloves
1/2 cup Italian parsley leaves
1/2 cup sliced almonds
2 Tbsp. Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing
1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Feta Cheese Crumbles
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sort through the kale and remove all stems and ribs. Make sure the kale is DRY.
3. Place half the kale in a large bowl and mix with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil (1/2 Tbsp. is plenty – not too much or the chips will be soggy) and massage oil into leaves.
4. Place the kale on the baking sheet in a single layer. Season with a touch of black pepper and sea salt. Roast in the oven for about 10 minutes, then rotate pan and bake another 15 minutes until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. In a medium pot, bring 1 ½ cups water to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring once. Set aside.
6. Thinly slice the olives, halve the tomatoes, mince the garlic and chop the parsley.
7. In a frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add to the pan the remaining fresh kale leaves and stir fry for a few minutes until wilted. Add in the minced garlic and tomatoes, stir and cook an additional 2 minutes.
8. In a large salad bowl, mix together the quinoa, cooked vegetables, chopped parsley, and sliced olives. Mix in the Litehouse® Homestyle Ranch Dressing, then top with sliced almonds and feta cheese. Divide between plates, top with kale chips and serve!