Hearty whole grains and greens create a hearty, healthy salad that gets big, bold savory-sweet flavor thanks to roasted grapes and blue cheese.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked freekeh, rinsed
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 5-oz package baby spinach
- 2/3 cup Pomegranate Blueberry Dressing from Litehouse Foods
- 1 4-oz. container Blue Cheese Crumbles from Litehouse Foods
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees.
- Toss grapes with olive oil and salt and spread out on rimmed baking sheet. Roast for approximately 30 minutes, or until softened, lightly blistered and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, add rinsed freekeh to pot with water and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, place lid on pot, and allow to simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until water absorbed.
- Rinse cooked freekeh under cold water to cool down to room temperature for salad prep.
- In large bowl, add cooked freekeh, red onion, spinach, cabbage. Pour dressing over top and stir until everything well-coated.
- Gently stir in roasted grapes and blue cheese, reserving a bit to garnish the top for serving.
- Salad may be enjoyed at room temperature or made ahead (up to a day) and kept in the refrigerator before serving cold.