This herb-crusted, reverse seared steak recipe topped with delicious Gorgonzola cheese crumbles is easy to make, perfectly juicy and really flavorful.
- 2 Ribeye Steaks, bone-in
- For the rub:
- 1 Tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Litehouse® Freeze Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- Litehouse® Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
- In a small bowl, mix rub ingredients together.
- On a plate, cover steaks with herb rub. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit. Add steaks to preheated grill or oven.
- Using an instant read meat thermometer, check the temperature of the steaks periodically. Remove steaks from grill or oven when they have reached 10 degrees below the desired doneness temperature. For example, for a medium steak (145 degrees Fahrenheit), remove steak from oven at 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a cast iron skillet, melt butter. Allow skillet to get very hot. This will be important for searing the steak.
- Once the skillet is heated up and the butter is melted, add one steak at a time. Make sure to keep a close eye on the steak, as it will sear very fast. While it is searing, pour the melted butter over the steak using a spoon. After 2 minutes, flip steak and repeat process, being careful as some of the hot butter might splatter.
- Repeat with second steak.
- Let steaks rest for 2-3 minutes and serve with your favorite side, such as this Grilled Italian Asparagus.