Take control of what you’re putting into your body by making your restaurant favorites at home! Start with this wrap that is good enough to be on any menu and healthy enough to be eaten guilt free! This recipe combines the wrap with the popular bar salads that are usually high in calories, sodium, and sugar.
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced thin,
2 tsp sugar,
1 ½ tsp salt,
1 tsp cumin,
1 tsp chili powder,
1 tsp garlic powder,
1 tsp onion powder,
½ tsp smoked paprika,
½ tsp pepper,
¼ c. olive oil,
1 Tbsp vinegar or lime juice,
1 Poblano pepper optional,
1 onion sliced thin,
3 bell peppers in any color combination sliced thin,
1 head shredded lettuce,
Litehouse OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing,
8 flour tortillas,
1. Combine the first 11 ingredients in a plastic resealable bag. Mush together with your hands to coat the chicken in the marinade. Allow to marinate 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile charr the poblano pepper by placing it directly on the flame of a gas burner. Turn until all sides are charred and blistered. (This can also be done under the broiler in the oven.) Immediately place the charred pepper in a paper bag and close. Allow pepper to sit in the bag for 10 minutes. (This allows the steam to naturally peel the pepper.)
3. Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook stirring often until no longer pink. Transfer chicken to a plate and add the onion and bell peppers to the hot pan. Cook stirring minimally so the vegetables can charr a bit.
4. Remove the poblano from the paper bag and use your fingers to easily slip the charred skin off of the pepper. Cut the poblano in half and discard seeds. Slice the poblano thin.
5. Toss the lettuce in enough OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing to coat well.
6. Build your wrap! Place a little of the dressed lettuce, poblano strips, chicken, and vegetables on a warmed flour tortilla. Roll up and dig in!