A creamy Butternut Squash Ginger Soup with warming ginger is quick and easy with Litehouse Instantly Fresh Ginger. Instantly Fresh Garlic and Instantly Fresh Red Onion help to form a flavorful soup base.
2 pounds prepared ready-to-cook butternut squash,
¼ cup water,
32-ounce box vegetable broth (or chicken broth if you prefer) reserve ½ cup,
1-2 Tbsps. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Ginger,
1Tbsp. Instantly Fresh Red Onion,
1 tsp. Litehouse Instantly Fresh Garlic,
1 Tbsp. sea salt,
½ teaspoon Creamy Cilantro Dressing (per serving),
1. Place butternut squash cubes in a large microwave-safe vegetable steamer or bowl with ¼ cup water. Follow package directions for microwaving or microwave squash on high for 5-minute intervals until soft (a minimum of 10 minutes). Put squash aside and let it sit for five minutes.
2. While squash is sitting, pour all but ½ cup of packaged broth into soup pot and heat broth until it simmers.
3. Stuff one Tbsp. Instantly Fresh Ginger at a time into tea infuser or make a bouquet garni and allow it to steep for five minutes. Taste the broth and steep another tablespoon of Instantly Fresh Ginger if desired.
4. Add Instantly Fresh Garlic and Instantly Fresh Red Onion to the broth and return to simmer. Add salt and pepper to broth, and then add the squash.
5. Using a immersible blender, blend squash until all chunks and seasonings disappear. If soup seems too thick, slowly add reserved broth and continue blending until soup’s consistency is smooth.
6. Place soup in serving bowls. With the tip of a teaspoon, place four dots of Creamy Cilantro Dressing in a circle in the middle of the bowl. Connect the dots with a toothpick to create an artful pattern in the soup. Serve hot.
7. Refrigerate or freeze any leftover soup.