Here are seven healthy meals you can prep in one day for the rest of the week. Meal prepping allows you to save money and eat healthy!
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Patties:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, 6-8 cups greens
- ½ cup OPA by Litehouse Jalapeno Ranch Greek Yogurt Dressing
- Salt and pepper
Lemon-Ginger Chicken Over Brown Rice and Sautéed Greens:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown rice
- 8 cups greens
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onions
- For the Chicken Marinade:
- 3 Tbls Litehouse Instantly Fresh Ginger
- 1 lemon
- 3 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
Chicken, Avocado and Chickpea Wrap:
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 wraps or tortillas of your choice
- 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups of assorted veggies
- ½ cup Opadipity by Litehouse Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
- Salt and pepper
1. Place the 3 chicken breasts, juice of one lemon, ginger, extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper and place all of the ingredients in a Ziploc bag and leave in the fridge to marinate while you are prepping the rest of the food.
2. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 8 cups of greens (I used a combination of spinach, bok choy and green chard). Add the Litehouse Instantly Fresh Red Onion. Cover for 2-3 minutes until greens cook slightly. Sauté for 2-3 more minutes. Add 2 ½ cups water and bring to a boil. Add the one-cup of brown rice and stir. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30-35 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit for five minutes. Fluff with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions.
4. Meanwhile, pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork several times and microwave in 3-minute intervals until slightly soft and cooked through. You can also cook in the oven for 45 minutes at a 400 degree oven.
5. Cook the marinated chicken breasts on the grill or on a grill pan on the stove until they reach 165 degrees internal temperature. Let rest.
6. Rinse and drain the chickpeas and place in a bowl with the avocado. Smash the chickpeas and avocado together with a fork. Add 1 chicken breast (diced) to the mixture with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup Oppadipity by Litehouse Greek Yogurt Ranch dip and mix together. Divide the mixture and spread on two tortillas or wraps and roll up.
7. Take the skin off of the cooked sweet potatoes and place them in a bowl. Mash. Add 2 cups cooked quinoa, breadcrumbs, egg and salt and pepper and mix together. Form 6 patties and cook 20 minutes on a baking sheet in a 425 degree heated oven, flipping half way through.
8. Prepare seven containers for the lunches. Divide the brown rice into two separate containers. Top with one chicken breast each.
9. Place the two wraps in separate containers with 2 cups of your favorite fresh veggies. Serve with 2 Tbls of Oppadipity by Litehouse Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip.
10. Place about 2 ½ cups of your favorite greens in three separate containers. Top with two sweet potato and quinoa patties and serve along side 2 Tbls of the Opa by Litehouse Jalapeno Ranch Greek Yogurt dressing.