Everyone who loves Gorgonzola knows that there's nothing better than the combo of pear and Gorgonzola. Turn it into a dip with this Pear Obatzda and you've got yourslf a new favorite!
- 4 tbsp. Coarsely Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Pear
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 5 oz. Litehouse® Simply Artisan Gorgonzola Center Cut
- 3 ½ oz. Cream Cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Pear Chips
- Crackers and Pretzels, for serving
- Fry the walnuts in a frying pan without oil, stirring constantly until they are golden brown in color. Remove from the pan and let them cool.
- Peel, quarter and core the pear. Cut it into small cubes. Place the pear into the frying pan, sprinkling the sugar over the top. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until the pear is light brown and the sugar is caramelized. Remove the pear from the pan and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl, break up the gorgonzola cheese with a fork into small pieces. Add in the cream cheese and mix together. Stir in the walnuts and the pears, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle additional walnuts over the spread before serving with pear chips, crackers or pretzels.