A single pot with never-ending complements! This Mediterranean-inspired, skillet-to-oven meal is a simple solution for your weeknight family dinner – all the must-haves for a balanced meal are covered including lean protein, fresh veggies, whole grains and a bit of dairy.
2 Tbsp. olive oil,
4 boneless and skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 ½ lbs.),
3 Tbsp. Italian Herb Blend (divided),
1 tsp. ground black pepper,
½ tsp salt,
4 cloves garlic minced,
1 yellow bell pepper coarsely chopped,
1 pint NatureSweet® Cherubs® Tomatoes,
1 15-oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) drained and rinsed,
1/3 cup chicken broth,
2/3 cup Litehouse® Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing,
1 6-oz. carton unsweetened 0% fat Greek yogurt,
1 cup whole wheat pearl (Israeli) couscous,
1/2 cup coarsely crushed Fresh Gourmet Butter & Garlic Croutons,
1 Tbsp. snipped fresh basil or Litehouse® Instantly Fresh Basil,
1. Heat oven to 400 F degrees.
2. Sprinkle tops of chicken breasts with an even distribution of 2 tablespoons of Italian Herb Blend (reserve remaining 1 tablespoon), black pepper and salt Heat olive oil in large oven-proof, 11 to 12-inch skillet over medium high on stove top.
3. Place chicken breasts in skillet, seasoned side down and sear for approximately 4 minutes or until browned.
4. Remove pan from heat and use tongs to flip chicken so that cooked side is up, raw side down.
5. Add whole Cherub tomatoes, chopped yellow pepper, garlic and chickpeas to the skillet, filling in the spaces around the chicken.
6. Pour chicken broth and balsamic dressing around the top of this chicken vegetable mixture.
7. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon of Italian Herb Blend.
8. Cook uncovered in middle rack of oven for approximately 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (thickest part of chicken reads 165 degrees with instant-read thermometer).
9. Remove skillet from oven (remember handle will be hot!) and return to stove top.
10. Use tongs to remove chicken breasts to platter to rest, leave vegetables and juices in pan.
11. Gently stir in Greek yogurt until incorporated into vegetables and cooking juices.
12. Gently stir in pearl couscous and simmer on medium-low for approximately 8 minutes or until couscous has softened.
13. Add chicken breasts back to skillet and sprinkle with ½ cup coarsely crushed croutons and basil.