Make breakfast special and memorable by molding breakfast foods, like pancakes and eggs, into shapes with silicon molds. Litehouse fruit glazes, such as Strawberry Glaze, Sugar-free Strawberry Glaze, and Peach Glaze are delicious and attractive toppings for pancakes, bagels, and other breakfast breads.
1 cup pancake mix,
non-stick vegetable spray,
1 Tbsp Sugar-Free Strawberry Glaze Strawberry Glaze or Peach Glaze per molded pancake
3-4 eggs whipped with a whisk or a fork,
salt and pepper,
Litehouse Instantly Fresh Dill for garnish,
1. Prepare pancake batter according to package directions.
2. Heat griddle or frying pan and spray with a thin layer of non-stick vegetable spray. Place silicon molds (i.e. hearts or other shapes) on hot griddle.
3. Slowly spoon batter into molds; fill molds with batter nearly to the top.
4. Allow molded pancake batter to cook until the batter at the edge of the mold begins to bubble slightly or, with a spatula, slightly lift pancake to check the bottom. If it is golden brown on the bottom, turn it carefully and cook on the opposite side for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Allow each molded pancake to cool for one minute then gently squeeze the mold to remove the pancake. Continue making molded pancakes until you have the desired amount of pancakes.
6. Spread 1 tablespoon glaze on each molded pancake.
7. Rinse molds before using them to make molded eggs. Prepare griddle or pan again by wiping it and spraying non-stick vegetable oil on the surface.
8. Place molds on the griddle and pour eggs in a thin stream into molds. Do not fill the molds with eggs. It’s best to use no more than 2 ounces whipped eggs per mold.
9. Lift mold from eggs when they no longer appear runny. Garnish with dill and serve with molded pancakes.