Avocados, veggies, and grains, oh my! Build a bowl of breakfast goodness that helps you start the day with amazing nutrition and flavor.
1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup Arborio rice
1 tablespoon Instantly Fresh Thyme
3 cups vegetable stock
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups of fresh asparagus tips (can also use tender parts of stalk)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon ground white pepper
1/2 cup shredded, aged Asiago cheese
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe glass bowl, add chopped onion, butter, olive oil and garlic. Microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice and Instantly Fresh Thyme to onion mixture and microwave on high for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock, water, and apple cider vinegar and stir to combine. Microwave this mixture on high for a total of 16 minutes, removing every 4 minutes to stir for 30 seconds (don’t skip stirring each time, this is what releases the starches for “creaminess”).
- Stir in asparagus tips and microwave on high for another 3 minutes.
- Remove and while still hot stir in lemon rind, lemon juice and cheese.
- Serve immediately.